Teresa attended University of Missouri, receiving her B.A. in Political Science. She then Received her J.D. from the South Texas College of Law.
Honors and Awards:
- Springfield Business Journal 40 Under 40 (2003)
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar President's Award (2009)
- Missouri Lawyer's Weekly Women's Justice Award (2011)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers
- Featured in Springfield Business Journal "A Conversation with Teresa Grantham"
- Missouri Bar
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association (President 2012)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Teresa's presentations have included Business Ethics, Professional Etiquette, Use of Forensic Testing, Criminal Law Updates, Criminal Sentencing Strategies, the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Volunteer Public Defender Training, the Intersection of Criminal Law and Domestic Law, and the Missouri Bar Mini Law School for the Public. Teresa is a frequently sought out by both local television and print media for comments regarding current legal issues.
Appointments and Public Service:
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Merit Selection Panel for Magistrate Vacancy (2012)
- 31st Circuit Judicial Performance Evaluation Committee
- Board of Directors Doula Foundation (2010-2012)
- Board of Directors Dickerson Park Zoo/Friends of the Zoo (2003-2009)
- Festival of Trees Committee The Discovery Center
Teresa is married and has two daughters. After serving on the Board of Directors of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association and later serving as the President, she remains actively involved with the Bench and Bar Committee. She is a frequent volunteer for SMBA functions and requests for speakers.
Contact Teresa Today